Women’s race is starting
OUR UPDATE AND REVIEW WILL BE TUESDAY, NOVERMBER 17, AT 7PM.
The US Central Division will be hosting a Zoom meeting for our AO Update this season.
Tuesday Nov 17, 7 PM EST
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 915 2571 5508
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,91525715508# US (Washington D.C)
+13126266799,,91525715508# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 915 2571 5508
Find your local number: https://logichub.zoom.us/u/am58Bh3cs
Attendees must participate in order to receive AO update credit.
This meeting will take approximately 2 hours.
There will be a virtual meeting for TDs on November 14th starting at 8am. If you are a TD and did not receive an invite email from Grant Lindemer, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The calendar for this coming season has been UPDATED 11/6/2020. Please read the information about our calendar below.
No matter how much planning was done over the summer and fall, the calendar is still subject to change due to weather, COVID restrictions from the State of Minnesota, the local county and city, the MN Ski Areas Association, the ski area hosting us, US Ski and Snowboard, Central Division, and CR1. CR1 Board of Directors has done everything in our power to set up a user friendly calendar that has enough dates for our athletes to complete throughout the season as allowed, but we also must try to anticipate any issues that may arise mid-season.
US Ski and Snowboard published and sent guidelines for COVID preparedness to members in September. It is posted on their website also. Please read this and make yourself aware of the guidelines to help all of us move and compete through this time in our country. CR1 Board will do everything in its power to keep our members as up to date as possible.
These US Ski and Snowboard COVID policies have and will affect many aspects of our season this year:
1. Please be flexible as things may change often and quickly.
2. US Ski and Snowboard Scored and Non-Scored racing will not start until January 1. FIS will be allowed to race in December.
3. U16 athletes will not be allowed to race outside Central Division until February 1.
4. U14 and younger athletes will not be allowed to race outside Central Division at all. This cancels the Rocky/Central U14 Junior Championship, so Central will be having a special U14 Central Junior Championships in March.
5. Race day numbers will be limited to 100 athletes at a ski area in one day. Once this number has been reached within the registration systems, the race will close automatically. Please sign up only for races you actually plan to attend. DO NOT clog up our system with "just in case you might race", this will cause other athletes to not be able to race.
6. Because of the limited numbers we have separated our Scored and Non-Scored races to different ski areas on weekends they both race. And for many races, we have separated gender by day, boys one day and girls the other. This is noted clearly on the schedule, please look carefully.
7. Registration for races will open in stages throughout the season. Late fees will be imposed on the last day each registration is open with no refunds after registration closes. Specifics on this process will be posted soon.
8. CR1 athletes will be given the chance to register for our races first before other Central athletes (with a few noted exceptions) up until the Saturday (7 days prior to race weekend) before the race they are planning to attend. Once this deadline passes, other Central athletes will be allowed to sign up until the race fills or the registration closes.
There will be more information posted here so keep checking back!
Registration on US Ski and Snowboard for the 2020-2021 season is open and will start assessing late fees on November 1st 2020. Central R1 registration will continue as it did last season, through USS&S national registration. Our calendar is posted above and race registration will open in December.
All races have a registration deadlines of Tuesday and Thursday of the week that the specific race is being held. Example: Spirit Mtn 1/2-3/2021 has a Tuesday on time registration deadline of 12/29 and a Thursday late fee deadline of 12/31.
On Tuesday at midnight the regular entry fee price will change to a late fee. The online late fee is $10/day.
On Thursday the online registration will close completely. The only way to register then is via email through email@example.com by Friday at noon. This has a late fee of $20/day.
There will not be any onsite entries accepted.
May 7, 2019
Dear Central Division Region 1 Member and Parents,
We wanted to let the parents and athletes know about a change in our fee structure for Central Division and its Regions. CR 1, 2, 3, and 4 jointly decided, after a year of work, to have our National, Divisional and Regional fees collected at one time through the national registration process at the US Ski and Snowboard, your MYUSSA account. We will no longer be registering or paying through this website.
This change will affect all athletes from U8 through Seniors, including college.
The request that a “one-stop shop” for all fees and registrations for the Division and the Regions came from parents that wanted to streamline our registration process, instead of having to do it twice. Along with this, it will, hopefully, alleviate some confusion as to what has been paid and what hasn’t as we enter a new ski season. This change will make it so there is no chance that any of the Regional fees will be missed by athletes and cause issues at races.
Moving our registrations and fees under US Ski and Snowboard will makes our deadlines the same as theirs. U19 and older athletes that plan to participate in FIS (an additional cost not noted in the table below) must be paid by August 15, 2019 to avoid late fees. All other athletes must be paid by October 15, 2019 to avoid late fees. If you have questions about whether you should sign up for FIS or not, talk to your coaches.
Central Division R1 Executive Board
Learn to tune your skis by a professional so you can get that perfect tune when you are traveling to races! Contact Pierce Skate and Ski for details. (952)884-1990