Women’s race is starting
Central Division U14 Junior Championships at Marquette, MI, March 12-15 CR1 quota: Girls - March 12-13;Boys - March 14-15;
They are all listed on the Athlete Safety page of this website
The last set of race registrations will open on February 15th, at 7pm CST for scored and 8pm CST for non-scored. The first 2 weekends in March will be open to register at that time.
CR1 Race Entry Procedures are in the document below. Please read it carefully.
Registration for our races on US Ski and Snowboard Athletes Event Registration will open throughout the season on dates announced above and will close when it fills up or 10 days prior to the first race day of the weekend.
FOR CR1 ATHLETES: If a race fills up and closes early or after the 10 day deadline, you can sign up for an alternate list. Use this WAITLIST LINK . You may not sign up for the waitlist until the USSS Athlete Event Registration is full or closed.
FOR NON-CR1 ATHLETES (CR2, CR3, or out of division): Use the WAITLIST LINK to sign up. DO NOT use the US Ski and Snowboard Athlete Event Registration, you will be removed and refunded.
Alternate and Out of CR1 athlete lists will be created 7 days prior to the first race of the weekend.
The calendar is being updated. Please read the information about our calendar below.
No matter how much planning was done over the summer and fall, the calendar is still subject to change due to weather, COVID restrictions from the State of Minnesota, the local county and city, the MN Ski Areas Association, the ski area hosting us, US Ski and Snowboard, Central Division, and CR1. CR1 Board of Directors has done everything in our power to set up a user friendly calendar that has enough dates for our athletes to complete throughout the season as allowed, but we also must try to anticipate any issues that may arise mid-season.
US Ski and Snowboard published and sent guidelines for COVID preparedness to members in September. It is posted on their website also. Please read this and make yourself aware of the guidelines to help all of us move and compete through this time in our country. CR1 Board will do everything in its power to keep our members as up to date as possible.
These US Ski and Snowboard COVID policies have and will affect many aspects of our season this year:
1. Please be flexible as things may change often and quickly.
2. US Ski and Snowboard Scored and Non-Scored racing will not start until January 1. FIS will be allowed to race in December.
3. U16 athletes will not be allowed to race outside Central Division until February 1.
4. U14 and younger athletes will not be allowed to race outside Central Division at all. This cancels the Rocky/Central U14 Junior Championship, so Central will be having a special U14 Central Junior Championships in March.
5. Race day numbers will be limited to 100 athletes at a ski area in one day. Once this number has been reached within the registration systems, the race will close automatically. Please sign up only for races you actually plan to attend. DO NOT clog up our system with "just in case you might race", this will cause other athletes to not be able to race.
6. Because of the limited numbers we have separated our Scored and Non-Scored races to different ski areas on weekends they both race. And for many races, we have separated gender by day, boys one day and girls the other. This is noted clearly on the schedule, please look carefully.
7. Registration for races will open in stages throughout the season. Late fees will be imposed on the last day each registration is open with no refunds after registration closes. Specifics on this process will be posted soon.
8. CR1 athletes will be given the chance to register for our races first before other Central athletes (with a few noted exceptions) up until the Saturday (7 days prior to race weekend) before the race they are planning to attend. Once this deadline passes, other Central athletes will be allowed to sign up until the race fills or the registration closes.
There will be more information posted here so keep checking back!
Registration on US Ski and Snowboard for the 2020-2021 season is open and will start assessing late fees on November 1st 2020. Central R1 registration will continue as it did last season, through USS&S national registration. Our calendar is posted above and race registration will open in December.
Registration will close when a race fills to capacity or on the deadline of 10 days from the first race day of the weekend. There is a link to a waitlist for athletes that didn’t get into the race on the top of each race on US Ski and Snowboard Athlete Event Registration. Use this link to get on a waitlist to try to get into the race if any spots open up. Announcements of available spots will be done after the 10 day deadline.
There will not be any onsite entries accepted.
May 7, 2019
Dear Central Division Region 1 Member and Parents,
We wanted to let the parents and athletes know about a change in our fee structure for Central Division and its Regions. CR 1, 2, 3, and 4 jointly decided, after a year of work, to have our National, Divisional and Regional fees collected at one time through the national registration process at the US Ski and Snowboard, your MYUSSA account. We will no longer be registering or paying through this website.
This change will affect all athletes from U8 through Seniors, including college.
The request that a “one-stop shop” for all fees and registrations for the Division and the Regions came from parents that wanted to streamline our registration process, instead of having to do it twice. Along with this, it will, hopefully, alleviate some confusion as to what has been paid and what hasn’t as we enter a new ski season. This change will make it so there is no chance that any of the Regional fees will be missed by athletes and cause issues at races.
Moving our registrations and fees under US Ski and Snowboard will makes our deadlines the same as theirs. U19 and older athletes that plan to participate in FIS (an additional cost not noted in the table below) must be paid by August 15, 2019 to avoid late fees. All other athletes must be paid by October 15, 2019 to avoid late fees. If you have questions about whether you should sign up for FIS or not, talk to your coaches.
Central Division R1 Executive Board
Learn to tune your skis by a professional so you can get that perfect tune when you are traveling to races! Contact Pierce Skate and Ski for details. (952)884-1990